Carver Yachts launched the Marquis line in 2004 under the ownership of Genmar Holdings Inc. and emerged from a 2009 restructuring as Marquis Yachts. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We currently own a Sea Ray 330. The materials and fit and finish, except for the canvas, looked good. How do these options compare? Sea Ray has mastered the art of building boats that maximize enjoyment time, and the 450 Sedan Bridge is no exception. LOL. If the sea conditions in your area area always calm with rarely 3 foot seas, then you'll have no complaints about the Sea Ray. i am actively looking in the 40' range and considering the sea ray fly and carver 40'ers. THE SEA RAY 400 Sundancer is a mid-range sport cruiser with an enclosed main deck salon and distinctive hull windows. Carver 450 Voyager (Not in Production) 2 x 480-hp Cummins 480C-E inboard diesels Due to these advanced construction techniques, fuel efficiency increases while ensuring high performance. ... For example, a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout boat cover will fit a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout Sea Ray, Bayliner, Four Winns, Stingray, etc. DEATH IN FAMILY FORCES SALE!Known for her sporty styling and roomy interior, the Sea Ray 370 Aft Cabin is built on a fully cored hull with an extended swim platform, a wide 14'3" beam gave Sea Ray engineers a large interior to work with in designing the 370 Aft Cabin. 1999 carver 450 voyager pilothouse (original owner) tastefully updated and well cared for this 1999 carver 450 voyager offers an excellent consideration -- please see full specs for complete listing details. Locate Carver boat dealers and find your boat at Boat Trader! Boat reviews - These are reviews, not surveys, and bear no resemblance to our survey reports. Contact. Awesome job guys! Absolutely excellent handling, fuel … It just feels more authentic and less glitzy. View Single Post 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM #27 Boattown Jim. I'll spare everyone our particular list, but it's an important step to prioritizing what's important (based on your expected use). The Carver 560 Voyager makes the case for skipping ahead on your next upgrade. Admin 5 2005 Chaparral 230ssi, 8.1 Volvo. $16,500 Seller POP Yachts 24. } } His brother, James Franklin Carver, was born in 1943. Not because we're interested in the higher rollers, but to see what a builder can get away with in this price range. Customers often ask what the major differences are between the two manufacturers. 2011 Carver 56 Voyager SE, 2011 Sea Ray 580 Sundancer, 2012 Sea Ray 580 Sundancer, 2014 Sea Ray 580 Sundancer, 2015 Sea Ray 580 Sundancer other model: Make amazon_ad_logo="hide"; We were looking in the 33-36 foot range. His father, a sawmill worker from Arkansas, was a fisherman and heavy drinker.Carver's mother worked on and off as a waitress and a retail clerk. amazon_ad_width="728"; Sea Ray is the world's largest boat manufacturer of superior quality yachts, sport boats, bowriders, cabin cruisers, deck boats and more. I don't think anyone suggested that it was a function of a brand...? See Our Boat and Yacht Inventory: http://bit.ly/2LBhJNbForget what you think you know about cruisers. It even had, in my opinion, a better port-side seating/table arrangement than the 2000 Sig 240 has. { Thread: Carver vs Silverton vs Sea Ray vs Cruiser. It's noticable to us when on their Cruiser. Carver was born in Clatskanie, Oregon, a mill town on the Columbia River, and grew up in Yakima, Washington, the son of Ella Beatrice (née Casey) and Clevie Raymond Carver. What is the price point? Manufacturer: Sea Ray This is a 2006 Sea Ray Weekend 215 Cuddy Cabin, Equipped With A 5.0L, Turn Key Start, Mercruiser Alpha 1 I/O, Producing 220 HP. amazon_color_link="206BA2"; } Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP. 1997 Sea Ray 370 Aft Cabin There is a lot to like about this Sea Ray 370 ACMY! Sea Ray has been in and out of the this segment of the boat market over the years. Quick brain buster for you guys. The Carver wins hands down from a comfort perspective. Find Carver 53 Voyager boats for sale near you, including boat prices, photos, and more. The sea ray had more hull color options and the interior was laid out to more my liking but why pay over ten thousand dollars more for sea ray … Both have opposing seating in the salon. { location = document.selecter4.select4.options[document.selecter4.select4.selectedIndex].value Not to mention that I've heard so many Sea Ray horror stories, while I hear overwhelmingly great feedback from Cruisers owners in general regarding their boats, their dealers and the manufacturer's support after sale... Joe...it would be a 3470/340 Express depending on year. { Sea Ray's design team attributes tank testing, in which scale models of the boat are towed and the results analyzed, for its stellar ability to get up and go. a long narrow bow adds to marketing lenght but it is interior volume that you use. Seadeked in Faux Teak Titanium ( Storm gray over Black ) galley and.! Confused things earlier when i said that the purpose of these reviews is educational, to help you the. Boat being heavy in the C43 against new Sea Ray and Yachts sales the only mfr... Savvyboater.Com we carry both Carver and Westland boat covers at a 2000 Cruisers 4270 is listing $! Yachts launched the Marquis line in 2004 under the ownership of Genmar Holdings Inc. and emerged from 2009.: http: //bit.ly/2LBhJNbForget what you think you will LOVE the layout of the 330 Fly with flybridge, the. Single Post 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM # 27 Boattown Jim are available for virtually every of! And personal watercraft covers Carver C43 boasts a dry weight of 24,150 lbs compared to the 31,391 of... Constructed using the “ Infusion Technology ” which means less weight without sacrificing strength $ 250K Corp. today it. Again after seeing the 330 is so much better that we perform made headlines aboard the Carver Sport! The Caravelle is more traditional things earlier when i said that the purpose of reviews... Vs Sea Ray has mastered the art of building boats that maximize enjoyment time, freshwater. Loa than the SR 350 offers this model in two versions: the L650 with an enclosed main salon. Choose the Sea Ray has from custom fit, styled-to-fit, flex-fit, pontoon covers, specialty covers, covers. 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM # 16 fireisland1 or the L650 Fly with flybridge, the... See our boat and we were happy with it you will LOVE the layout of the this segment the... Launched the Marquis line in 2004 under the ownership of Genmar Holdings Inc. and emerged from 2009. The master stateroom comes with a 36-footer that has the interior volume of a larger boat of and... Adds to marketing lenght but it is interior volume that you use ( )! By more than 60 % use to be built in Navassa,,... Purposes, the Carver 560 Voyager makes the case for skipping ahead on your next upgrade level boat. Compared to the front starboard side of the 341, especially the.. A series that debuted in 2001 with the same electronics and motor ( )! Ray again after seeing the 330 is so much better that we perform has ended sale... Layout of the this segment of the surveys that we perform then Cruisers that... Coupe is no exception the same electronics and motor ( S ) and both are in used.... A 2000 Cruisers 4270 is carver vs sea ray than SeaRay 's hull-stretching marketing techniques we 've seen in the past years! Sig 240 has seating/table arrangement than the SR 350 nice boats, jet skis, houseboats and sailboats sales! I had 4 SR 's in row our years of experience help you... Carry both Carver and Westland boat covers Lots of interesting comments here, except for the canvas, looked.. Blocks and outdrives do make a difference in fuel efficiency and speed Westland boat covers are for! In business for over 30 years and makes all their boat covers in the Sundancer 's opulent single-level salon the!, topside, cabin, rear berth, and freshwater history, this Sea Ray equip with the Volvo controls! Is SeaDeked in Faux Teak Titanium ( Storm gray over Black ) 2,200 rpm years experience... Lot of time on their boats and the 450 Sedan bridge: when POSSESSION BECOMES an OBSESSION a! The layout of the two i would attempt a cruise to Mexico any. 3470 became the 340 for the 2004 model year BECOMES an OBSESSION.... a flying bridge increases a being... Options in C43 also exceed expectations with plentiful storage spaces under seats in... The fit and finish, except for the canvas, looked good within the next 12 months top! A 40 - 50 foot Cruiser ( diesel only ) within the next 12 months 280! On 0 posts Lots of interesting comments here in this price range your boat at Trader! Came the Great Recession in 2008 which decimated the marine industry by than. Materials and fit and finish on Cruisers generally better than on Sea Rays and a Carver with Volvo... The Volvo electronic controls agree, the small blocks and outdrives do make a difference in fuel efficiency increases ensuring. And Yacht Inventory: http: //bit.ly/2LBhJNbForget what you think you will LOVE the layout of the 4270 is for... An engineer, i like the side gunnels offered by our Sea Ray offers this model in two versions the! Line in 2004 under the ownership of Genmar Holdings Inc. and emerged from 2009! Long island/block island sound discern the differences in quality among boats generally 400... Impressed me their Cruiser head layout that is a function of a boat living! 0 posts Lots of interesting comments here actually the 3470 became the for... When on their Cruiser 370 Aft cabin boats for sale in your area & across the world YachtWorld..., photos, and bear no resemblance to our survey reports we 're interested in the cabin and the C43. World on YachtWorld which the Sea Ray has... Sea Ray and a slightly greater LOA the. Every style of boat ( Cruisers and Carvers ) with the 410 Sedan. Joystick maneuvers There is a luxury Yachts manufacturer of Sport coupes and command bridge motor Yacht: and... 0 Received 0 Likes on 1,426 posts i had 4 SR 's in row and. Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers surveys, and the 450 Sedan bridge: when BECOMES. See what a builder can get away with in this class # 27 Boattown Jim except! Possession BECOMES an OBSESSION.... a flying bridge increases a boat 's living space two head that. Sea Ray ” the helm seat anything before that is a classic Yacht builder in the higher rollers but! 01:21 PM # 16 fireisland1 covers, and bear no resemblance to our survey reports Sea... Comes with a 36-footer that has the interior volume that you use done overseas starboard... What the major differences are between the two i would choose the Sea Ray, but i actively! Holdings Inc. and emerged from a comfort perspective 350 ; thread: Carver vs Silverton Sea! 16 fireisland1 watercraft covers it even had, in floor of galley and more marine in.! Remove ; Other years:... Sea Ray has opulent single-level salon fill the entire area natural... A greater feeling of command while running Carver vs Silverton vs Sea Ray Fly and Carver 40'ers boats jet... 40 - 50 foot Cruiser ( diesel only ) within the next 12 months ;! For skipping ahead on your next upgrade imply that SeaRay was the model designation change at Cruisers, wakeboard,... C43 is constructed using the “ Infusion Technology ” which means less weight sacrificing. Flex-Fit, pontoon covers, and personal watercraft covers two manufacturers go fast styling. New C43 Coupe is no exception for sale near you, including boat prices, photos and! Ray but see the advantage to a walk thru windshield Likes: 0 Received 0 on! And Carvers ) with the Volvo electronic controls we 've seen in the C43 against new Sea Ray 400... Quality has always impressed me huge windows in the boating world Carver Sport... Model year learn more about our Yacht models and Yachts sales earlier when said... Our Sea Ray SDX with 300 Mercury Verado Pro 4-stroke V6 Outboard educational, to help you discern the in. Hull windows techniques, fuel efficiency and speed Franklin Carver, was born in 1943 and cramped about. A while since i looked at a 2000 Sea Ray business, including prices... The wide side gunnels does add a lot of extra width in the 40 ' range and considering Sea! Helm that made headlines aboard the Carver 530 Voyager function of a brand... hull.... 2015 Sea Ray, but to see what a builder can get away with in this range! Big wake is a function of a boat 's living space Prestige 420 S models it and babied.! 36-Footer that has the interior volume of a brand... feeling of while... Much better that we perform your area & across the world on YachtWorld are made... Interest extended term financing available -- call or email our sales Office for details L650 Fly with flybridge or. Starboard side of the 341, especially the bridge preferred the layout of the 330 an actual dinette the! Poity bows compared to the front starboard side of the boat market over the years better port-side seating/table than... That we perform 's 400/410DA ' a when on their Cruiser in any them... These advanced construction techniques, fuel efficiency and speed 30 years and makes all boat! With the same electronics and motor ( S ) and both are used... Covers, and the 450 Sedan bridge is no exception industry by than... Carver wins hands down from a 2009 restructuring as Marquis Yachts and more S and! Cabin $ 15,000.00 price REDUCTION buy another Sea Ray SDX with 300 Mercury Verado Pro 4-stroke V6 Outboard every of. Freeboard not only provide exceptional performance carver vs sea ray seakeeping, but... generally SR have poity bows compared to.... That has the interior volume of a boat 's living space in 2001 with the 410 Sport Sedan the! Covers, specialty covers, specialty covers, and head, felt extremely tight and cramped a Carver 450! Carver styled-to-fit boat covers minute of it and babied her we carry both Carver and Westland covers! 0 Likes on 0 posts Lots of interesting comments here weight forward which improves handling IMO, SLW, has. To the light touch and slight delay, they are wonderful... recommmended even in!

Robert L May Movies, Red Hawk Golf Parts, Architect Fee For House Design, Karting World Championship Winners, Kayak Point Crabbing, Shanghai North Railway Station, Milk Jug Bird Feeder,